Friday 13 November 2015

Dreamer Layout - 7 Dots Studio Tutorial Page
- Lost & Found Collection






Hi everyone!  How are you?!  Today I am live HERE on the 7 Dots Studio blog
with a tutorial {Photographic Step-by-Step} of how I created this page.


Today I am sharing the layout with you here on my blog & tomorrow I have
the Tutorial scheduled so I do hope you will come back to take a peek!


Something relatively new for me is incorporating images of quotes into my pages.
I really love to do this as I am a quote lover as well as a photo taker!


From my days of working at Scrap 365 magazine I really enjoy taking photos of my process
& compiling step-by-steps.  It is definitely quite a lot more time consuming than just 
creating the page without worrying about setting up nice photographs too but
nonetheless, with my HOPELESS internet here it is something achievable
for me, whereas I've given up on videos until I have a more stable line.


I always make sure to not overcomplicate the project so that the step by step
 is no more than about half a dozen collaged photos, so that it's an achievable
 project.  I also try to incorporate some new ideas for people to try if they
 haven't already.  For this tutorial this is what I've brought to the table...


1.  The idea of incorporating/juxtapositioning multiple photographs together
rather than the usual single photo.  Also the idea of using a quote image.  

2.  Using a neutral paper from a collection with a theme different to your
project {here the paper collection is vintage-themed but my page is
modern}.  This is achieved by adding a contrast colour as well as
a single bright colour for your accents.

3.  The in vogue string threading technique.

4.  How to speed up your background work using paints instead
of mists & how to make your own cheap mists using paint.

5.  How to accentuate your stencilled designs by using art marker
pens, ie any type of fineliner/koki/brush pens.  

6.  The simple idea of recolouring embellishments to suit your needs
(in this case staples!)

TUTORIAL COMING UP TOMORROW!
Thanks for stopping by!!



7 comments:

Lili Sulastri said...

Beautiful layout. Will stop by again for the tutorial.

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Wow wow wow!! This is amazing! LOVING those beads/strings, the colors and that quote!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mitralee said...

At the risk of repeating what Julie just said.....I will say I do love that color combo and those lovely strings! Love colored staples, no matter how they get there!

Lizzy Hill said...

Can't wait! STUNNING page....love the bg [of course!] & the thread work is yum:):)

Kathy Bradley said...

I want to move to your city so that I can learn from you - but for some reason, my husband said he didn't care for that idea. I so love this new and beautiful page - it's unique design is totally wonderful and I love your use of quotes. I can't wait for the tutorial!

Helen Wallace said...

Oh gosh - this design is just amazing. Love the design :D

Margaret Mifsud said...

Stunning page Helen!! Loooveee the colours and the threads and the quote and .. hang on .. think I just loooveee it all!! Going to check out the tute right now!! xx