Saturday 14 March 2015

"Take Time to Smell the Roses"
& "For You" Cards - Studio 75





Hello!  Whilst I was away last week these 2 cards I created 
went live on the Studio 75 blog HERE.

This one is for a woman & uses the  "Miss Olivia" Collection , 
together with a gold doily & some Microbeads and die cut chipboard small clock .

  
I used my off-cut pieces for These cards, cutting the pieces to size to fit the
 square then inking up all the edges with bronze ink for a shabby finish.


 Under the tag I used some gauze for a soft look and through 
the hole in the tag I used a piece of old bandage :)


For the aged, patina effect on the chipboard I used nail-varnish!  
It always gives a nice glossy effect. So there you have one quick 
& Easy card -  I hope you will try something similar for yourself!
Find the chipboard clock faces in the store HERE .

Next I tried a masculine card, using the  Mr & Mrs Black Collection . 


Again I used my off-cut pieces but tore them for a more rugged look.


I splattered some black & white inks on top of my papers for a more artsy look,
before adding a loose circle of craft wire. Under my tag again I used some gauze .  


For some textural interest I added some red sparkly tulle we layers.
Nothing says "Celebrate" like a touch of glitter!


I achieved this effect simply collage your off-cut pieces together, inking
 the  edges before adhering. Next add your textiles & wire circles before 
placing your tag & sentiment,  using foam tape for a bit of dimension.  
Lastly add your splatters then finish off with your flair!

Find the tags HERE & the flair buttons HERE .
I hope you enjoyed my 2 simple collage cards today !!

I used:

 
 





10 comments:

Jean Bullock said...

Beautiful cards, Helen. The first one is my favorite.

Lynette Jacobs said...

Very pretty and two very different looks. That is a great masculine card...I struggle with those.

Lizzy Hill said...

Nice way to use up odd bits of oaoer...love the touch of gold in the top one....& of course, YAY! To nail polish:):) love that craft wire on the man card, too:):)

nancy carroll said...

Love them both, the paper on the first one is so charming, love the tag with slightly lighter color. The masculine was awesome too.

Val-Belle said...

Such pretty cards. Love the block look too looks great and I really love the bandage.... The masculine card is awesome. Love the colours

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

These are absolutely GORGEOUS! LOVING the colors and the tag on the first one!!!!!!!

Cassandra aka Scrap Savvy said...

Great cards Helen! You are making Studio 75 look good!

Denise van Deventer said...

Beautiful cards and I love both the female and male versions...both super! I have some Studio75 paper that I must really use... ;-)

Margaret Mifsud said...

Gorgeous cards Helen and such a great way to use up some scraps of paper!! Love the touch of gold on the first and also the wire on the second card!! Two brilliant makes!! xx

Di Garling said...

Beautiful cards Helen and such nice touches.