Friday 9 May 2014

'New Love' Layout - Scrap 365 Magazine Prima Product Review






Hi everyone!  Back again with my 2nd layout for the Prima Product Review up on the Scrap 365 blog HERE.  This time it is another layout about LOVE!  It is an older love {as in 50 years plus older!} & the sophisticated greys, blacks & reds of the Stationer's Desk Collection seemed perfect for it!


I went for classy black stencilling using the Prima Rattan mask together with my favourite 
Wendy Vecchi Embossing paste in black.  {I have all the colours & they are fab!!}


I didn't use any mists on this page, but rather inked the edges of my layers
 & dabbed my blooms using Ingvild Bolme chalk edgers, which are fantastic!


I concentrated on layering, using threads for added dimension & staples & Prima
 "typewriter keys"{paperclips} on some of them, as well as pretty Prima packaging.


I mixed up my "Stationer's Desk" & "Cartographer" blooms & they all went together beautifully.


Still set on my hand journaling!  No writing it out first - just going with what comes into my head!!


Also used a lovely Ingvild Bolme metal plate {Junkyard Findings Jeans Plates}.
I've found these very hand for teens & unisex layouts.


What a treat to be sent so much Prima loveliness to work with!  As you all know it's my fave!!  
Thanks for popping by today to take a peek!  I really appreciate it :)




10 comments:

Lizzy Hill said...

Gorgeous mix of elements...my Grandpa did much the same after grandma died---had a lovely few years with a gorgeous lady who made him VERY happy...liking the freestyle writing happening, too:):)

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

So gorgeous!!! I love love love the photo and those flowers!!!!!!!!

Margaret Mifsud said...

Wow!!! Looooveeee this!!! One of my fave colour combinations and once again such awesome textures!!! I am amazed at your handwriting too .. it is so neat!!!! Love this page Helen, it is awesome!! ox

dstandard said...

What a gorgeous page - Wonderful story behind the page as well! Love can find us anytime!

Sandi Clarkson said...

The black just makes the whole thing pop! And of course, I'm a sucker for layers!

ALINE said...

So beautiful page!

Marjie Kemper said...

I so wish we could have an artsy play date, Helen. My eye was drawn round and round on this layout, to the four corners and back, and I still went back to look again. Love how you tucked that "New love" [art on the top left. SO many great details, plus as always, a wonderful photograph. Must pin.

Marjie Kemper said...

I so wish we could have an artsy play date, Helen. My eye was drawn round and round on this layout, to the four corners and back, and I still went back to look again. Love how you tucked that "New love" [art on the top left. SO many great details, plus as always, a wonderful photograph. Must pin.

Denise van Deventer said...

Gorgeous, gorgeous page! Love everything about it! Love this colouring and your journalling so cool! Your handwriting is really so super! ;-)

Eila Sandberg said...

I am so happy he found love again, we are not made to be alone and miserable. Yet another beautiful project created with the Stationer's Desk, love this one too!! xoxoxo