Thursday 21 November 2013

'Live, Laugh, Love Always' Layout for Inkido! {Also using Lindy's Stamp Gang mists, Prima alphas & Scrapmatts Chipboard




Just sharing my layout & post up on the Inkido blog since yesterday!  
I loved making this layout & tried to keep it soft & light.  

The colours are still rich & strong {thanks to the gorgeous 
Lindy's Stamp Gang mists I used} & there is plenty of misting 
on the background too - I just kept it very fine & grainy to
 keep it from being over powering. 

 I love the soft prints of the Inkido papers & their pretty 
flowers, stamps, lace & bling, all of which I've used here.       

See my post on the Inkido blog HERE.


Hello everyone - Helen here again today with another layout share.

I recently received the new 'Happy Christmas' papers from Inkido 
And used them to create a non-Christmas layout.


For my background I used 'Happy Christmas'Winter Fence paper
& For my layers I used 'Happy Christmas' Happy Mix, Happy Music
& Vintage Ornaments, all of which are double-sided and I used both sides
of two of them, so all in all I used 6 different Inkido prints on my layout.


To embellish my layout I used Fashion Flowers  in Pink, but I sprayed them 
with mist to darken them to a rust color. I also used Cherry Blossoms
in Natural White, & white  lace Inkido , which I also misted to match. 
 I also used half a pack of Parlor Pearls in Champagne, also from Inkido.


I used a butterfly stamp from Inkido, Which I dipped into mist sprayed
 onto my craft mat, so that the image would be hazy and ethereal.


I punched some butterflies out of patterned paper and dotted them around my layout,
using Inkido pearls for the centres.  I used some fine silver thread, some mesh tape
& some chipboard to enhance the Inkido product & add some additional textures.


The Parlor pearls work well as anchors to hold down the thread in places.


The Winter Fence print on the background is a very beautiful textural-looking print,
which I enhanced with various different mists lightly sprinkled on it to tie all the 
different colors together. I also tore, sanded, distressed and punched the papers.


I layered everything up lightly and also used the negative pieces of printed paper
that I punched the butterflies out of, adding in a central pearl to the negative shape.

I hope I have successfully shown you today how to use the beautiful new
Happy Christmas collection for your non-Christmas photos too.
See you again next month.  Helen

Scrapmatts Words used - CB1192 Scrap Words 04

Lindy's Stamp Gang Mists used:- 
Cattail Copper Brown Starburst Spray
Canna Lily Burnt Orange Starburst Spray
Gossamer Gold Moon Shadow Mist
Screamin Banshee Black Starburst Spray'
Dark Chocolate Truffle Starburst Spray
Tiffany Lou BlueStarburst Spray
Blue Hydrangea Starburst Spray
Tweedle Dee Denim Flat Fabio
Whale Watch Blue Starburst Spray
Smoky Sapphire Moon Shadow Mist
Frozen Jack Frost - Starburst Spray

Yes I really did use 12 mists on this layout :)
Thanks for looking!
I really appreciate your visit!!





17 comments:

Heather Jacob said...

magnificent Helen, so rich in color and design .. loveeeeeeeeeee x

yyam said...

Oh wow. Really rich and vibrant. Gorgeous work!

Lizzy Hill said...

Lovely...& that cluster of flowers work so, SO well....lovely pics too...like the way you've put them together:):) And I KNOW you are sooooo busy....crazy woman!!!!!!!!!!!

Lynette Jacobs said...

So very, very beautiful. Your misting is gorgeous.

Ava Gavloski said...

helen, had to pop in for a quick comment to say, love your design and color tone selection of this layout, well done my friend....smile

Helen Wallace said...

So many interesting techniques used together with all the yummy misting. I especially like the use of the negative butterflies and the silver thread :)

sandi said...

Stunning! Just absolutely stunning!!!!!!! Beautiful design and such gorgeous richness here!

Evgenia Petzer said...

absolutely love it!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Wow wow wowwwwwwww!! This is stunning!! LOVING the colors, the textures and the flowers!!!!

Leonie said...

fabulous page Helen, superb details.

Margaret Mifsud said...

Gorgeous rich colours in this one Helen! Beautiful embellies too!! Absolutely love it!!! oxox

Sandi Smith said...

So gorgeous...just love those rich colors!!

Lynnda said...

Well done Helen... as always another gorgeous and inspiring layout!... hugs...x

Linda Eggleton said...

Stunning colours & stunning layout....love it!

Di Garling said...

Love everything about this Helen & those rich colours just set it all off. Perfection. Cheers Di xo

Denise van Deventer said...

Such a beautiful page! The colour mix works so very well and is really vibrant and gorgeous! ;-)

Eila Sandberg said...

This page is one of my absolute faves of yours! the rusty red is luscious against the gray background. Everything on your page screams BEAUTIFUL!! it sings loud to me!! xoxoxox