Monday 13 February 2012

What's it Like where I Live? {Something Quick & Light to Start your Week!}






{How things work in South Africa}

Three contractors - one from Soweto, another from Pretoria , 
and the third from Benoni, are bidding to fix a broken fence 
at the Union Buildings in Pretoria . They go with a Union 

Buildings official to examine the fence.  The Pretoria contractor
 takes out a tape measure, does some measuring, 
and then works some figures with a pencil.

'Well,' he says, 'I figure the job will run about R900. R400 
for materials, R400 for my crew, and R100 profit for me.'
The Benoni contractor also does some measuring and 
figuring, then says, 'I can do this job for R700: R300 for 
materials, R300 for my crew, and R100 Profit for me.'

The Soweto contractor doesn't measure or figure, 
but leans over to the Union Buildings official and whispers, 
'R2,700.00' The official, incredulous, says, 'You didn't 
even measure like the other Guys!  How did you come up
 with  such a high figure?'

The Soweto contractor whispers back, 'R1000 for me, 
R1000  for you,  and we hire the guy from Benoni to fix
 the fence. ''Done!' replies the government official. 
And that,folks, is how it all works in S.A. 



{Please note that this is simply a direct copy of an e mail
forward I received today and is not meant to indicate
my personal beliefs}  I do trust you will enjoy it any way!
(Especially my fellow countrymen ***wink***)





2 comments:

THERESA said...

So, so true, lol, had a quick chuckle here, unfortunately it is precisely that, right, at least we can laugh about it,lol
lotsa luv

Stefanie said...

I think it takes an African to fully appreciate how things work in this country.