Sunday 12 February 2012

Scrapbook Kits with a Difference "Adorable" Layout - The Scrap Cake


You can imagine the ***gasps*** when I opened up my package
& saw that Jules had sent me these gorgeous *The Scrap Cake*
papers to work with for my last kit {February 2012} with 


  You can see my entire kit for sale here - complete with
instructions on how to complete 2 layouts and a bonus card!


This is what I got to work with.



The ribbon at the top is what I used to make the roses at either side of the floral cluster.



I misted and chalked the flowers a bit before clustering them together
so they all "gelled" and blended in a bit more subtly...



This is how it all began!!


I cut a circle out of the printed paper then placed
it on top of the cardstock with the photos.


Hand-journaled (printer STILL at the repair shop!) and a TIP!
See that butterfly on the corner?  That's a good way of covering
up the "join" where your 2 border punches meet (unless you own
a matching 'corner' punch - that I have never bought!).



And there's another butterfly...2 MSC punches layered together...
I have used these punches countless times, they must have
paid for themselves by now!!




Supplies List for "Adorable" Layout

Cardstock - American Crafts
Patterned Paper - The Scrap Cake
Rub-on - Scrapbook King
Bling - Zva Creative
Flowers - Prima & Green Tara
Butterfly punches & border punch - all Martha Stewart Crafts
Journaling Pen - Creative Memories
Mist - Maya Road Popsicle Blue and Latte
Studio Calico - Mister Huey - Piglet (pink)




29 comments:

Evgenia Petzer said...

oh, lucky fish!

I LOVE these papers , they are so adorable and yo made such a nice job with them!

Dara Lynn said...

Love the new papers from Scrap Cake!!! the page turned out absolutely adorable helen!! I looooove the layers created with 3 photos utilized--perfect!

scrapbookertink said...

Very pretty layout, like the tip about the butterfly on the join, take care, Doreen x

Desire Fourie said...

Gorgeous creation and I love the aperture with the journalling around the edge of the circle. And its also such a great idea of outline your white rub-on with black - such a clever touch.
Hugs
Desire

Kerryn said...

This is lovely Helen. I love your page design.

Sabrina Scrapbook said...

What? You got Scrapcake? Urghhh I am so jealous!! Hehehe!! Beautiful use of the papers, Helen!! I love the pics, so sweet!!

Mitralee said...

Scraplift of that circle is coming in MY FUTURE! What a great fresh idea! Love how everything flows right together. The chalking really pulled it all together! That is a great kit and you showed it off wonderfully!

Cindy Fortin said...

Absolutely lovely LO! I like the flowers cluster and the sketch.
And thank you for showing us how you did it!

Alia said...

Very sweet LO and a sweet looking couple!

Bellaidea said...

Stunning work!
I love to work with The Scrap Cake and TBSOL it`s my fav collection.
Well, for now.
I`m waiting now for the new one, I know you will love it to!

Michelle said...

What a pretty page! I absolutely love how you laid it out! Fabulous!

Stefanie said...

Gorgeous, I love the circle window and the lacy matted edges.

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

GORGEOUS!! I love love love love how you used the negative circle!! I can so see me scraplifting that one!! THis is WOW WOW WOW!!!

Alison said...

Gorgeous page Helen...love the flowers!
Alison xx

Unknown said...

wow Wow WOW!! This is just stunning- that circle is totally fabulous, the punched edges of your photo mats- the clustering- just gorgeous.

Jasmine S said...

Gorgeous page and I just love those pics. Great to see how you put a page together from a kit. Very creative.

Leonie said...

Hi Helen, this is a beautiful layout, they do you like an adorable couple. Love the soft feel to this layout. :)

FiKenward said...

Beautiful layout Helen, so soft and pretty, loved how you have made those frames on the inside.

topkatnz said...

Love the journal round the circle cutout:)

phamil said...

What a lucious page, and gorgeous photos too! I love the tut on how you did it! Beautiful, beautiful work! And big congrats on the features over at WP!!! You deserve the recognition!!!

Unknown said...

WOW such a beautiful layout Helen..Your design is so gorgeous with all those layers! Have a great week :))xx

Chantal Vandenberg said...

Exquistie!!! I always adore your layout designs!!! Your daughter is sooo pretty! :D

Lynnda said...

I love your photos... your daugther is so pretty!!! I love the way you design your layout too... Simply Stunning!!!... Hugs...xoxo

tania said...

beautiful!! the papers, the layout and the COUPLE!!! stunning helen:)

Unknown said...

wow stunning my friend and thank you for share how you have made your design nexst time I try it if you dont mind

hugs carla

Lynette Jacobs said...

This is an absolutely beautiful layout...I love the circle and the cluster of flowers are awesome.

Lea said...

Wow! Simply gorgeous!!! Love what you did with the photos behind the circle!!!

Diana said...

Wow, I would have gasped too.
but what is truly gasp-worthy is your amazing LO.

Eila Sandberg said...

BEAUTIFUL BEAUTIFUL job Helen! the papers really are gorgeous and you have used them superbly! love the punchwork and the negative circle, not to mention the photos awww! xxxx