Tuesday 10 January 2012

My 2012 Exercise Goals





I wish I had something creative to share - the truth is I 
created a layout a day every day last week but the earliest
I can share one of those is Sunday, as they are all
Design Team pages.


That's me from too many year looking at a computer screen.
Okay you need to use your imagination a bit - firstly change 
the man into a woman and the TV into a computer & then
you'll see it!  So this year I've decided to try to change the
image a little.  I'm aiming low to avoid disappointment.
Me and "Diet & Exercise" don't go well together!

Rather than calling my new lifestyle a set of "resolutions"
I'm thinking of it rather as my "2012 Diet & Exercise Goals"
I've joined a slimming club, an exercise class 3 times a 
week and have my daughter's dance teacher visiting 
me on the other 2 mornings to give me some private
"tuition" LOL...surely that's got to do something, right?...

I have a crazy scale that has already told me 4 different
weights this year so far - varying both up and down by 3kg's -
so you can see what I am up against here! Today I
bought a bench - one of the one's you sit/lie on and lift
weights - well I could hardly lift the bar - with nothing
on it... So all in all this should be interesting and
entertaining at the very least.  Wish me luck!

I have PCOS, Insulin Resistance, and suffer pain from an
old injury whenever I overexert myself (which in my case
means scrapbooking for too long - as I scrap standing up -
not running a marathon!). I haven't set myself a tangible
target - except to keep at it and see the numbers on the
scale reducing. 
 If that happens slowly but surely I'll be happy!

I can't say that I am looking forward to my 2012
Diet & Exercise Journey - I'd rather not have to bother
with it & I resent the time it takes but I'm doing it because
it has to be done & because I'd like to be able to be included
in the family scrapbooks I dedicate so much of my time
to making.   I have no intention of boring you all with
all the details but I will keep you posted by updating here
every few weeks.  It's going to be a long journey but
I'm sticking with that old Chinese saying
"The journey of 1 000 miles begins with a single step"
Lao-tzu, The Way of Lao-tzu Chinese philosopher 
(604 BC - 531 BC)




15 comments:

Jess said...

love that comic...i can relate! lol

good luck on your journey! :-D

Mitralee said...

Good deal! You have my support from NY like a good sports bra!

topkatnz said...

Good on for making the decision to take charge. I hope you grow to appreciate and embrace your new healthy and fit lifestyle. Best of luck:)

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

I resemble that cartoon!!! LOVE this post Helen .. very inspiring! :):):):):):):):):):):)

Evgenia Petzer said...

good luck! i go to gym, but i can't say i love it- just feel like i need to go not to pick up

yyam said...

Well....think of getting healthy as a goal and not weight loss...that should help. 90% of it is what you eat and 10% is exercise. Really. Cut down on processed food and sugared drinks and eat fresh food. Find something you really enjoy doing and you will stick to it. :)

Above all, enjoy your journey! I would love to see you in your scrapbooks too! :)

Shayne said...

Good luck helen. And slowly but surely is the way to go as the weight will definately stay off.

The fact that you have put it 'out there' on your blog will be inspiration enough to keep you going.

Lots of love x

Vicki said...

Oh yeah, boy does that sound familiar. I'll be your cheerleader if you will be mine. LOL. Good luck.

Lynette Jacobs said...

A healthy lifestyle is something we all aspire to. I know that you will stick to it too.

tania said...

not boring me at all!! i am so exited for you part! you will love it in the end. me...i picked up a few kg's along the road somewhere, so i am also trying out something new. i am wishing you all of luck and lots of fun!!!

Alison said...

Go for it Helen....accepting it as a change of lifestyle really helped me last year....I'm sure if you do the same, you will soon feel and look the way you want to!
Alison xx

Eila Sandberg said...

One foot in front of the other, one kilo after another! you didn't get those extra kilos over a day so it's a slow journey. Do your weighing on the one and same scale and then you'll see a nice and reliable decrease in the figures! Good luck! xoxoxo

Marilyn said...

Sounds great your goal!! I started in a stationary bicycle because I gained 8 lbs. in 6 weeks, I was sick on December, and because I took prednisone and steroides for my lungs problem I gained this pounds and I know that I have a hard journey... because it's very difficult lose "overweight for chemical"but like Eila says "One foot in front of the other..."
Don't focus in the weight too much, try to enjoy your new style of life(changes), try to enjoy your dance class or your excercises...and you'll see how you will do it!!! Good Luck and have fun!!!! HUGS!!!!!! :)

Diana said...

Thanks for sharing Helen.
I'm rooting for you.
I used to struggle with weight etc and I HATED it. I am so glad that it's not an issue for me anymore. So much more energy to spend on more fun things!

Irini said...

Good luck Helen....most importantly look after your health first....rooting for you as I have the same goals for this year!
hugz
irini