Saturday 21 January 2012

So the thing is...






I probably haven't replied to your e mail and/or commented on 
your blog this week - sorry!  I've been fighting sickness all 
week & hubs has been away on business so it's just been me &
4 wonderfully exhausting and exasperating children, 
a bladder infection and an ongoing power {electricity}
problem thanks to my bright idea (pardon the pun) to wrap
18metres of LED rope lights around the palm tree by our pool.  

The electrician succeeded in breaking the lights & defacing 
the palm tree, and now instead of enjoying it's beauty in 
LED display each night we are experiencing regular power 
outages instead...not exactly what I had in mind.  

The cherry on the top is a problem with my e mail so I've been 
unable to access my inbox for the best part of 3 days
(if you haven't heard from me hang in there...)
HopefullyI can get it repaired next week.
Today I am busy busy preparing for my uncle's 60th birthday
party where I will also be the official photographer too -
it's a '60's themed Fancy Dress party - so I should have
some hilarious photos to share with you all next week!

Until then...
and HAPPY WEEKEND!!





16 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Ohhhhhhhhhhhh no!!!!! I hope you feel better soon!! And I hope everything works out soon!! :):):):):):):):):):):)

Tina said...

I hope you feel better soon Helen!

Evgenia Petzer said...

hope that the problems are resolved...

Stefanie said...

Never a dull moment in your house is there?
I hope that you get everything sorted, the bladder thing first... Yuck, I have had my fair share of those too and it's horrible. Trust you have a relaxing weekend and feel 100% soon.

Jasmine S said...

Oh no. I hope you are feeling a little better by the time you read this and re the lights, oh no.....
And then organising a party and photographs......you have to slow down.....lol. Enjoy and look forward to the pics.

Bellaidea said...

Sorry for the lights:(.
Sorry for the mail...
Just...take lots of great photos and have fun, we will wait:)

CalleLillyCafe said...

Hi Helen, wow! sending good thoughts your way! that'll cover it all! =) I did send an email re: my daughter's travel journal. she hasn't received any postcards to show where her journal has traveled. sadly, she is the only student in class who hasn't. she has been asking for a few months. can you tell me any details re: journal? thank you.

Mitralee said...

we'll be here when you're back, but hoping for speedy recovery on life's bumps!

Denise Price said...

Sorry to hear about all the difficulties. Hang in there.

Sabrina Scrapbook said...

Oh Helen, I really hope you get well soon! Being a photographer is certainly not relaxing, I hope you do well in capturing significant moments as well as handling your health. Plz take care of yourself, ya! {HUGS}

Karen said...

So sorry to hear you have been unwell Helen. What an awful ordeal with the lights, hoping it gets sorted!

Unknown said...

Helen,

I hope you feel better...sorry to hear your difficulties. I hope things go back to normal soon!!

I love your BITW LO..so cute!!

Can't wait to see your pix from the b-day party.

Take care..miss talking to u..make sure u get plenty of rest and drink lots of liquid..

Hugs..Marivic

Leonie said...

Hope you were feeling ok by the time the party came round and good luck with the email and electricity problems.

Vicky Varvadouka said...

Wow! Hang in there! Well, no need to visit me, cause there is nothing new to share yet..LOL..hahaha I am also very busy with guest book orders lately!
Hugssss!!!!
ps happy 60th Bday to your uncle! awaiting for photos!!!

Eila Sandberg said...

It sucks big time Helen! fingers crossed! xoxox

Diana said...

This all sounds positively miserable!