Monday 9 January 2012

Have you heard of "Me on the Web"?





It's a sub-section of your Google Account (just google it
to get there or log into your Google account to see...)
There are some boxes to check which enable e mail
notifications to be sent to you immediately if anyone, 
anywhere around the world, mentions you on the 
world wide web aka the internet!  Amazing huh?! 

  
You can find it under the dashboard of your google
account, under "set up search alerts for your data" 
under the "Me on the Web" section.  I had no idea 
about this until recently, when I mentioned someone's
name in a post & they came over & left a comment. 

I was pretty sure they didn't read my blog & I went to 
check their comments to see if one of my readers had
popped in there & mentioned my name.  Nope.  It
perplexed for 48 hours until it dawned on me that there 
must be a way of getting notified if your name gets typed
in a blog post, etc.  I looked into it (aka I googled "Is there
a way of receiving notification if your name is mentioned
on the web" & my question was answered!

Miraculous!!  Amazing!!!  Handy!!!!
Google is so cool...
Enabling this feature means that you will be aware
of your online public image 24/7 - not that I expect
that anyone will write about me but nonetheless I
have checked all the boxes just in case LOL!!




9 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

That sounds AWESOME!! Off to check it out! :):):):):):):):):):):)

Evgenia Petzer said...

wow! thanks for this, will give it a try!

Irini said...

very cool tool!!!!!!
hugz
irini

Desire Fourie said...

Very good to know thanks ... trust you to do the research!!!

Lynette Jacobs said...

You are always so thorough...one of the things I admire greatly about you. I am pretty sure you will be mentioned, you are so talented and creative.

Bellaidea said...

I think you will spend much more time now on reading:) about one very talented scraper:)

scrapbookertink said...

Very interesting, would never have know, tks Helen x.

gracescraps@gmail.com said...

This is so way cool. I've wondered how people I mentioned in my blog knew. I just signed up. Thanks for sharing this! ~ Blessings

http://gracescraps.blogspot.com/

Diana said...

I should try this.
I signed up for google analytics and I must have done something wrong because it only ever tells me that I have zero visitors, even when I've just had 100 people leave comments on a giveaway post!
And I can't figure out how to de-sign up from it so I get this useless email every day. Annoying.