Thursday 23 June 2011

Not a Great week! And that's not all...

Wow, well first of all THANKS for the FORTY comments I got on my layout post on Sunday!  Geez...how lovely for me that they have kept rolling in all week, it's been very cheering for me as I've had a BAD time :(

One of my sons  is seriously sick.  He got sick on Monday & has missed 4 of his exams so far!!  Finally we got a diagnosis today & he has been written off sick for the rest of the week & is going to miss out on writing all the rest of his exams!  He is a hard worker so while this may sound like fun he has had a hard time accepting it!!

And that's not all!  I am now sick too...I just hope that I am not following suit...I am trying to keep at everything but it is proving impossible & I think I'm going to have to bow out of some of my plans for the rest of this week.  I haven't been well all week but now I'm getting worse!   Add to that the fact that I am having computer problems & my IT guy can only come on Friday, means this week has been a bit of a write-off...

And that's not all!!  The cat is sick too - yes she is!  In fact she had to have an operation at the vet today & while it will make her better for now she is sicker as a result of the anaesthetic & has to be locked in the bathroom crying the house down...the poor baby...I hope by tomorrow she will be much improved :)

There is some good news too though!  My daughter arrived home safe & sound from uni today & is currently in the lounge watching reality TV & eating crisps - so all is well in my world :)

We have had our first silly argument already (aaaah I've missed those!) over washing her converse sneakers.  They are FILTHY but she was horrified at the thought of washing them & snatched them back - telling me "that's the whole idea!!  Do you know what I have gone through to get them to look like that?!"  Aaaah....kids!  The generation gap will never close will it?

And my youngest has made it through the local singing finals & is in the top 10 for a show/contest that is taking place in 2 weeks from now, so we have 4 hour rehearsals EVERY DAY & no car pool so I am traipsing  back & forth like a true taxi-driver - yikes...the joys of motherhood!  She is so cute up on stage belting out "The Climb" by Miley Cyrus, how can I say no?!

Anyway, I just wanted you to know that I am still alive, although not well!

I have done a bit of blog hopping but not much as I don't have a laptop & my studio is freezing - it being mid-winter here (not very cold by international standards but for an African I'm suffering @ 10 degrees at night!!)

If I owe you a visit bear with me - I'm doing the rounds slowly but surely :)

20 comments:

Kerryn said...

Yikes what a terrible week you've had. I hope your son is feeling better soon and you too.

LOL about your eldest daughter. My Dad laughs when things like that happen to me. He just sits back and says what goes around comes around. Surely I was never THAT bad ;).

Good luck for your youngest. You must be so proud of her!

Take care Helen.

Rachael Funnell said...

NOW you have 41 comments on your Last Post!! hehehehe
I dont know how BUT i didn't see Me as 1 of the Comments???
But I just did! LOL!
Anyway! Hope you & your Son geet better REAL soon....

dstandard said...

Hugs Helen! sorry you and your kiddo aren't feeling well. Since my computer has been dead for a week can totally sympathize! Hear you girl - my work has been torture this week and think I've finally given in and decided to move on to where I like more people and have a different stress.

Jasmine S said...

Hope you all get better, including miss puss.
And your DD and the Converse. I so get it....sorry, have to side with her on this one. I was the same when I had mine.
Take care.

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

So sorry to hear that many of you are not well, I hope that you guys feel better soon, including poor kitty.
Good that I don't even look at my girls' converse, LOL!
Talking about taxi-driver, I have been one since I moved to Vegas, full time ferrying my 2 girls around plus husband's airport trip. I like when he is around the house than I get to be chauffeured around.
ok, don't throw that computer out of the window even if you feel like doing that, Friday is coming soon....
And YAY to that little sweetheart, way to go gal!!!

Heather Jacob said...

oh Helen so sorry to hear you are having troubles..sounds like an awful week ..those times are hard going while you are in the middle of it but hey things can only improve from here ... LOL
hope you and your son are feeling a little better now and things get back to "normal" soon ...
love and hugz xox
take care gorgeous girl x

Chantal Vandenberg said...

So sorry to hear about the sickness in your house, Helen! We are all sick too - it's awful! Hugs!!! xo

Diana said...

Oh no!
Hope all is better soon.
Go easy on yourself.

Mitralee said...

Get better soon! Goodness gracious you have had a week! That Sunday page of yours was amazing! I am attempting to scrap lift it now but fighting to find the right ribbon! I haven't scrap lifted anyone in ages! Not finding the right ribbon is a small issue compared to being sick and a sick kid! Hang in there!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Ohhhhhhhhh you poor thing... I am sooooooo sorry that you and the family have been going through...I will have you all in my prayers! {{{hugs}}} :)

Yolande (pronounced you-land-a) said...

Oh dear, when it rains, it pours! I am sorry to hear that your son has had to miss so many of his exams, due to being so ill, that you've been sick and so has the cat. I really hope that you will all be restored to perfect health asap!! Glad to hear that your daughter is home safely and congrats to your younger daughter that is on her way to stardom! :) May things improve on your side and hope you have a superb weekend to make up for it. Take care.

Eila Sandberg said...

My gosh, that is one hellish week! not much else to do but cave in and let things have their course, fingers crossed you all get well real soon. Feel so sorry for your son, can he do the exams afterwards? Ha ha can totally relate to the Converse issue, my mum used to chuckle when I complained about my stepdaughter ripping her brand new jeans with scissors just because "they are supposed to look that way" mmmmm the joy of children ;)) Oh I so hope Alice, one of our kitties, won't be sick after her operation on Tuesday come. Good girl Cami, she'll blow their socks off that's for sure!! and good mummy aka taxi driver Mrs Tilbury for making it possible!! Main thing is now for you to get well as a happy, healthy mum makes a happy family. Mwah mwah mwah!!!!

Bernadine said...

Hope you feel better soon.

I had a good chuckle at your freezing at 10 degrees........ I could not agree more and have this debate on a regular basis with my friends overseas.

yyam said...

Oh boy! Sounds like a terrible week indeed! Sending you hugs and sunshine and positive energy! Take care of yourself Helen! :)

Chowchow said...

Hope the cat and your son feel better soon Helen. Funny how you mentioned about Converse shoes. My son had a fit when our helper washed his and gave it a good scrub as it was filthy and the black colour faded and he is not a happy camper now.

Can't wait to see you back in a more positive mood and creating beautifully.

Anne said...

Helen, I think you need a big mug of hot chocolate and home made cookies, I will be on the next plane over !!

Irini said...

Helen, so sorry you and your son (oh and the cat LOL)are not well.......get well soon!!!!!!

topkatnz said...

Sorry to hear that there is so much sickness in your house - hoping it's all ok.Get well soon to you all Hx

Sharm Nidyanandan said...

oh my goodness u poor thing!!! i hope u and ur son get better soon!!! :) Congrats to ur youngest on getting into the singing contest!! she's gonna rock the stage!! :) take care n hang in there dearie!!

Marilyn said...

Oh Dear, I understand you sometimes everything comes at the same time...ask me...lol!!!! but I hope everything is fine now. A big Hug!!!