Wednesday 23 February 2011

In Love...

Right now I don't have anything scrappy to share, not yet, soon I hope!

It's been a busy week & I am IMMERSED, body, mind, soul, it's all here right now...I knew I was infatuated but I had no idea it was going to grow into this.  I have tried to stop it, STILL try to stop it, and sometimes I succeed & sometimes I just let it flow.  It's just so important to me & at times it's beyond my control.  Something that you either understand or you don't.  There's no explaining -  the results speak for themselves.

So inspired.  So aspirational.  I want it.  I want to do it.  Be it.  Live it.  It is beauty, wonderfulness, appreciation of the world.  My life, our lives, our planet.  It's vital.  And so worthwhile.  My love for photography has taken me by surprise.  My desire for focus, perfection, heart, dynamics.  I want to capture it, convey it, share it.  Succeed in taking glorious images that tell my story.  It's a long road & not for the faint hearted.  It's an expensive journey & not for those unwilling to sacrifice.


Jasmine Star - Love your story from Anton Lorimer on Vimeo.

I am onboard & prepared.  I cannot give it everything but it has my allegiance.  I know I won't get there quickly but I know I will  get there.  Maybe not this far but far enough to be proud.   As long as I am always growing, never static, always moving forward & not backwards, that will be enough.
"I am seeking.  I am striving.  I am in it with all of my heart"  Van Gogh

7 comments:

Sabrina Scrapbook said...

Yeah Helen, you go girl!! I wish you all the best!! Because people say, if you can dream it, you can do it!! :D

Bernadine said...

So glad your are enjoying your course. You are very brave to take on all that with a family still to look after.

Lynette Jacobs said...

I know just how you feel. I want to get to a stage where no editing is needed. Not that I edit now...much too lazy for it. You go Helen, and maybe you can give us a few quick tips.

Diana said...

How inspiring!

Ella Swan said...

Thanks girls - I know that photography isn't that important to a lot of scrapbookers & often I wish I could settle for less for the sake of speed. I am blessed to have many other facets to my life, which means I can't "totally" immerse myself in the wonderfulness of it all (because I AM totally immersed in the wonderfulness that is my real life) but I am committed to going the extra mile with it when I can. Bernie I've been thinking about doing the course for years - I knew if I didn't just do it there would never be an ideal time...

Pearl said...

I think nothing like learning from someone who teaches well & can pass on their wisdom well ! ;)

So excited for you too on this journey !

Shane said...

Hey, well done for your colour combos selection!! Why have you not done a post on it yet? Anyway, congrats to you from me sitting in an Emirates First Class lounge snacking on fresh strawberries and melon. You are the best!! And so talented too!! Lots of love from your husband x x