Sunday 16 January 2011

Making Friends, Making Cards & taking Teen Photos for Facebook




Phew I am ready for bed - but want to keep up with my regular posting now that I am back home so here goes!  I have edited all my holiday photos this weekend {down from 861 to 145 of the best, some of which I have enhanced a little}  Only afterwards did it dawn on me that I still have all the Christmas day photos to edit (about the same number!)   Tomorrow I will be posting the last of my travel photographs.  For now here is a picture of me & Ingrid from "Your Scrapping Shop" in Johannesburg {also an online store}.  

I always love to meet my online/bloggy friends so made an arrangement to meet up with Ingrid when I was in Johannesburg recently.  I regularly buy scrapbooking supplies directly from the States but when I need something "pronto" Ingrid is one of my local "go to's" because her store is so reasonably priced, quick, reliable & she is just the sweetest person.

I was supposed to be tidying up my {very messy} studio this weekend but made some cards instead!  {with what little counter space I could salvage}.

I started off small but enjoyed myself so much that they just kept getting bigger & bigger!

Paper:-  Offcuts.  Tags & brad - K & Co.  Lace - Prima.  Doily - Little Yellow Bicycle.  Colourbox inks.
Have offcuts - will make cards!  Here I used Girls' Paperie Packaging (pink text) Red bazzill.  LSS - ribbon.  Prima flower.  K & Co Sentiment sticker.  American Crafts journaling sticker.

K & Co.  Printed paper & pop-up sticker.  Teal bazzill.  Little Yellow Bicycle doily.  LSS Pink ribbon.  Colourbox inks.
Okay no wise-cracks about being a bit late for Christmas okay?!  There's always this year!  Red bazzill.  Offcuts - Crate paper (?) & Girls' Paperie.  Ribbon - LSS.  Brads.  Foam circles (around brads) K & Co. fabric-covered brad.  Girls' Paperie flower.  Prima bling swirl (part of).  Pink Paislee digital sentiment.  Scrapbook King rub-on.

Card below uses Kiwi bazzill.  Little Yellow Bicycle doily.  Making Memories metal scallop frame.  K & Co. sentiment sticker.  Rose ribbon & seam-binding from my stash.  Fiskars punch.
I took these this evening & left it a little late so this one is slightly bluuuuuuuury!

Somewhere amidst all the photo-editing & creating my "almost 13" year-old pestered me for some new Facebook photos.
Mum's of teens will know that regular family shots just don't make the cut.  Only hard-core will do...

I always have a good giggle thinking these up with them...
I got some sweet ones of him smiling but no ways does he want those to add to his Facebook ones!

He gave himself this nick-name as "Tibbs" was already taken by his brother. {derived from our surname}.
{MUFC = Manchester United Football Club - he got this goalkeeper top for Christmas}.
The more edited the better for these kids.  I try to keep them vaguely recognisable though LOL.  So there you have it.  A creative weekend.  Hope yours was too!

11 comments:

Bente Fagerberg said...

So nice to have you back and posting. I can totally relate to the messy scrapspace (...what space...? )
I think you are going to make someone very happy with one of those beautiful cards.

Teens all over the world share a lot of similarities! Hearing about his photoshoot put a smile on my face..
Ta ta 'till next time...

Vicki said...

Am sure your "nearly teen" will love those shots for his FB page. Good for you on using up your bits and pieces and making cards - I have every good intention but it just doesn't happen. LOL

Diana said...

That last shot is really quite striking, actually. Very art-y.
Great to see a recent pic of you! I don't think I've seen one in a long time.
Can't recall ever seeing you do cards before... and they're lovely!

topkatnz said...

I am VERY impressed with all your card making! Wahoo!

Shayne said...

I like the 2nd one - lovely (pic of yr son that is)

And your hair is so long! so different from your profile pic!

Glad you're back home and semi-sorted!

chantal said...

Hi Helen. I have to agree with you about Your Scrapping Shop, Ingrid is always willing to go the extra mile for a customer. Great photos of your son,

tania said...

will have to go check out that shoppie;)
the fb pictures are so cool! is that the right word?lol!! so now you are on to cards?? well we need to use those off-cuts;)
like your editing,very good:)
i should come and visit, then you can teach me!

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

Glad you are back here, YAY!!! And with lots of beautiful cards, how lucky are we!!

Ella Swan said...

Thanks girls - glad you liked the photos. Will be doing more for my other son soon so will show you those too! Shayne my profile pic is a couple of years old now & I really need to update it (have done on FB at last!)& my fringe has totally grown out & my hair is much longer now! Tania the photo editing gets easier & easier the more you do it - you must just dive in & start playing - it improves with time just like photography ;-D

Lynette Jacobs said...

Love the seriously cool photyour teen!
Great cards as well my friend.

Pearl said...

awesome FB worthy pics for sure , grrl ! why he's the same age as my DS i believe !

& what a card roll you've been on ! awesome stash you have for sure !