Sunday 15 November 2009

Playing away at Cocoa Daisy!



Phew! I am feeling exhausted after 36 hours of fun at Cocoa Daisy. I need to shower {QUICK!} & hop into bed before DH catches me up at this hour LOL! This is only my second online crop & I have to say it is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay better than the last one I did, not sure why, maybe it is just me, but I am feeling much more relaxed & confident & really enjoying everything on offer. The Design Team is a pretty varied & talented bunch & they all have tutorials & classes on the go, challenges & RAKS going on all over the boards, & it's not exclusive to subscribers, you don't need certain products, it's all about having fun, being inspired & getting some interesting stuff done, so why not pop in & see what's happening? There are prizes being handed out left, right & centre & all projects only have to be in by next week Sunday latest so there's lots of time...


This is Challenge 1 - a sketch challenge. I turned it on it's side & had fun with some spray mists {could only get hold of some very grungy colours here...} & used some chipboard stars as masks {flipped them over so I can still use them on a layout as they are nice & glittered on the front}.

They are a pretty arty bunch over there so I tried to channel my inner artist LOL!!!

That blue "stuff" you see is acrylic paint applied using bubble-wrap {I knew there was a reason I was keeping it...}

I hand-journaled down at the bottom in keeping with the casual feel...

I finally got to use that cute American Crafts owl paper {& quite appropriately too I might add...}

The mists are messy {tip *** cut open a big plastic shopping bag & lay it on your surface *** & kinda "miss" with the mist & shoot over the top of the layout if you want something light & sprinkly as opposed to splotchy - who knew there was an art to these things???!!!}

When you are done misting...scrunch up the bag & chuck it out! Fold it inwards & you are back to a mess-free zone...genius idea - Donna Downey taught me that! So there you have it - just a little teaser to tempt you over to say hello tomorrow - EST time so locals basically we are 7 hours ahead - so things start at 2 our time & end at 2 in the morning! There is lots already in the threads that you can review & get caught up on. There's bound to be at least ONE thing you like going on - no matter how fussy you are. No blog hopping going on for me at the moment because I am too busy learning & scrapping but hope to pop in on y'all later in the week when I am through with my projects. Goodnight...or should I say...Good Morning!


4 comments:

tania said...

you naughty girl, hope you had loooots of fun!!
i am back from parys, had no signal. stunning layout!

Carol B said...

very nice LO....didn't turn out grannyfied at all.

Michelle Ramsay said...

Lovely layout and sounds like you are having lots of fun. Hope you got a bit of sleep before you start again.

Andrea said...

LOVED this layout!!!!!
xxx
A