Sunday 21 June 2009

Journaling Junkie Father's Day Layout


BTW, in case you think I'm cheating, I'm not! I said I was going to be off the pc during the weekends based on me being ON it during the week. This week has been hectic & I have been off it for days (as you'll see from my lack of posts in the week...) so this is catch up time for me, and a jolly good one it is too thanks ;-D

HAPPY FATHER'S DAY to all the deserving dads out there! On that note, here is my take on the Journaling Junkie challenge below.

Challenge 59

Create a layout in honor of Father's Day, journal about a special male relationship.
Be it your own father, your husband, your Grandfather, an Uncle, or a teacher.
Whoever he is, let him know why he's special.

This challenge closes on the 29th of JUNE midnight GMT- Please leave a comment with the link to your URL or email me eyeore at telkomsa dot net

There is still time for you to get your submissions in so get photographing today girls & add a good old sentimental page to your album!


Just loving shaped cardstock at the moment & to have it punched is a real double whammy for me! Also found the 7 Gypsies tags SO useful (Cocoa Daisy add-ons...) & the daisy lace is from a recent Cocoa Daisy kit. All the other bits 'n pieces are old...I'm on a mission to plough my way through all my old stash & it's working, woohoo! Bling circle courtesy of Heidi Swapp, ribbon my old favourite, Making Memories (great blog to follow too...)

In case you are wondering why Camryn was "the chosen one" here, it's because I have already done a Father's Day layout incorporating ALL four kids, as a class to be taught ( you can purchase the kit too...) at Reminisce but unfortunately I am unable to reveal that to you until August. Bummer... ;-(

So, don't worry, no favouritism going on in this house! Hope you like it! Tage are scrunched & inked with Chestnut brown. So loving "destroying" (serious distressing...) everything at the moment...very therapeutic...LOL!

9 comments:

Andrea said...

love the layout!!!!!
xxx
A

Michelle Ramsay said...

Lovely layout and if that is your original handwriting it is stunning!

topkatnz said...

LOL ... fathers day is not till Sept in NZ ...

Ella Swan said...

Thanks Michelle, ya it is my own hand-writing...but when not scrapping I can sure scrawl too. So weird Heidi that Father's Day is on a different day - why in the world is it not synchronized everywhere? Personally I think all these days are just a money making racket anyway...Christmas & Birthdays are enough of an expense in this day & age!

Lynette Jacobs said...

Beautiful layout Helen. I wish I had such a great handwriting...mine is awful!

Jenny in Durbs said...

Great layout - love the colours & shaped cardstock. Photos are gorgeous - Dads & daughters have a special relationship.

Mieke said...

One gorgious layout girl! Don't forget, it's almost LSoS wednesday again!
Can't wait to see what you made for it.
Hugs

Jacqui said...

lovely layout & lovely pics. I'm also enjoying the shaped cardstock at the moment - hence my sudden splurge on decorative punches! I'm too much of a neat freak for the distressing although I'm the first to admire it on other peoples layouts!

Ella Swan said...

Thanks for the love guys...yes Jax & I bought a couple of awesome decorative punches that are constantly calling me from the desk...Try me! Try me! and I can't wait...