Wednesday 12 November 2008

I got me a Fur Baby!


This is what I've chosen as my Screensaver of the Fortnight (I get bored quickly!) You can find it at my favourite online photo site! www.photobucket.com inder the "Colourful" section. Research shows that bright colours enhance your mood...works for me anyway!
Well, as promised, I went off with Chelsea yesterday to a nearby vet that was "giving away" kittens...well, nothings for free & we ended up paying R400 for two lots of vaccinations & a deworming pill, well, a quarter of one actually! Anyway, baby is home safe & sound & has been christened "Daisy Bucket". For all you Scrapboffs you'll know that that is a Scrapbooking paper& embellishment manufacturer. She is very serene for a kitten & is already content & purring away with granny as her mum is still studying away, & has her maths exam tomorrow!

For anyone local, we got her from the Ashburne Vet & there are tons more there, just waiting to be 'adopted"! They were brought in by Animal Anti-Cruelty & had been abandoned. We filled in reams of "Adoption" papers & were given a big freebie bag, courtesy of Hills Science Plan, with everything we need to get this little one on her feet...pellets, meat, measures, anti-flea ointment & a little "How to care for your Kitten" booklet. Needless to say, Coco Blush, our one year old Fur baby is VERY distressed...nose out-of-joint BIG TIME & is being most unladylike, hissing & fluffing up like an inflatable feline...Well, her nick-name is "Royalty" so I can understand that she is concerned about anyone usurping that throne of hers...
Already have dozens of adorable photos to upload & am having to type one-handed as baby won't sleep unless she's scooped up & held tightly to my chest...aaawww!!! Well tonight was interesting. So much for our 'romantic evening'...Jack has a 'Tech' project to complete by Friday so dad decided to get involved...had no choice really as things were NOT going according to plan...
so I decided to look into my photo problems & download Firefox & Picasa 3. Needless to say I have been in my element ever since...

Am hoping that the discovery of Picasa 3 will revolutionise my photo-organisation & maybe speed up my uploading process. Sure looks like it so far! I have already created 13 different albums & am busy moving all my photos into the right ones. Have done a stack already but still have a few thousand images to sort! Thanks so much to Cathy, Sophia & Vicki, who were all kind enough to answer my distress call & come to my rescue!! Click on their names as I have created a link directly to their blogspots...not too shabby huh?! Am learning how to "blog" at last...

Have also just added this funky new feature to my blog. Found it in Blogger Buzz while I was Buzzing About. All of you with Blogger, I say give it a go! It is a "Reactions" bar that appears at the bottom of each post & you can customize it with whatever wording you like. Good thinking as a quick & easy way to show your reactions if you don't have time to leave a comment. We all react to feedback I'm sure...I definitely do anyway...

As for kitten pictures, they're coming over the weekend & I will add them in to this post once I have uploaded my most recent photos so hang in there, our new little cutie is worth waiting for!

3 comments:

Vicki said...

Glad to be of help - I love Picasa and anything free is a bonus. Look forward to seeing your new kitten - cool name too! LOL.

I seem to have a bit of trouble commenting as it takes me through a lot more steps than other blogs or wipes it altogether.

Vicki said...

Oops forget that - I signed in through google and it was much better than going through wordpress. LOL

CathQuillScrap said...

enjoying reading your blog... keep up the good work. And any time you need help.. jsut shout.

Your kitten sounds adorable... can't wait to see her pic